Author Topic: Important News  (Read 3412 times)

Jaffa

• Grand Master

• View Profile
Re: Important News
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:27 pm »
OK, so this is what I will do.

I will go through the code and comment it through. I will then post that, the template language that basically is the html, and a dummy settings file without the stuff like database passwords etc.
I will also post an outline of the code, what each file/folder is for, and the hierarchical relationship between them.
In the readme I will post the modules the server is using, so you can run a copy of the game yourself.

This will take some time: once this is done and I can see that the github works, I would like to reset the game and the forums too. Opinions?
Someone needs to fix the infinate money exploit before reseting, other then that sounds fine.
Jaffacalling (11th of July 2014-31st of December 2015) is a fed leader, shill and qualityposter. He is known for creating the most federations, never breaking an agreement, winning the most wars, recruiting the most players, rusing the most players, Ruling over the Galaxy and being the greatest shitposter. He created Bion Government, Vidya Union, JIDF, MDL, CoEC, Draco Freedom Riders and 4th Reich

AKMB

• Grand Master

• Personal Text
    Coolest of all cats
    • View Profile
    • >he doesn't even praise the new sun
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 10:55:30 pm »

I will go through the code and comment it through. I will then post that, the template language that basically is the html, and a dummy settings file without the stuff like database passwords etc.
I will also post an outline of the code, what each file/folder is for, and the hierarchical relationship between them.
In the readme I will post the modules the server is using, so you can run a copy of the game yourself.

This will take some time: once this is done and I can see that the github works, I would like to reset the game and the forums too. Opinions?
Someone needs to fix the infinate money exploit before reseting, other then that sounds fine.
until that is fixed the game is basically waiting for test to ruin it. IMO the reset should occur after a week or so has passed since the code was uploaded, give everyone time to try to fix any well known bugs.

Whiskertoes

• Master

• Personal Text
    RARARA IS BEST SO
    • UR WAIFU IS SHIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 11:26:25 pm »
I don't know python well enough to be able to help, but I'm definitely for open source, but I don't see a reason to reset the forums
Leader of Horsebangers United

DHBH

linkbro

• Master

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 04:30:17 am »
The ride never ends

Sw-YEE-de

• Lord Grand Master

• Personal Text
    We J-YEE-had nao
    • QT Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 04:38:17 am »

I think the forums should be archived like normal if r3s3t means baleeting them. So much shit has been deleted before due to raisins, some record is better than none ever if it is garbage and shitpposts (but really what isn't, his isn't PaW).

Other than that, sounds pretty exciting, livegaem is a go.  :daydream:

Celo0ol

• Padawan

• Personal Text
    Quality goods.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:06 am »
It's Heidi for real? Ayy lmao madness, to bad I quit already and just came back to see if waw was completely dead. Heisod I've been coding my own game so I can kind of help you if you want. I can code in python for sure.
Quality goods available, made of quality goods. Fleet Available for hire. Why? Cos fuck you. Fleet is expensive, goods are expensive, shut the fuck up, don't complain and you will get your shit.
https://wawgame.eu/world/6329/

I move in the shadows

Sokyl - please save me from exploding

• Youngling

• Personal Text
    kill ur self
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 01:59:40 am »
Yes, open sourcing usually helps if the community actually likes the game, who doesn't like feeling they helped something along?

Used to play a game called War of Supremacy, it was an RP shitlords dreamland and a minmaxers playground set in an alternate timeline where world war two never happened so all the superpowers were intact, it was so much fun but the devs gave up all together and didn't open source it so those who actually liked playing could fix all the bugs.

It descended into chaos like this game did and they sold it to another developer who gave up entirely because he only wanted the other game they had made, I think it's still around but it's total shit and can't remember its name.

Resets are groovy but deleting everything would kind of suck from a historical standpoint, even if it is just a bunch of memes and shitposts, but then again it is just a game and the future is what everyone is looking toward.

Bro'tac of Chillak

• Global Moderator
  • Lord Grand Master

• Personal Text
    Hero of Jaffa's people
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 02:01:54 am »
Yes, open sourcing usually helps if the community actually likes the game, who doesn't like feeling they helped something along?

Used to play a game called War of Supremacy, it was an RP shitlords dreamland and a minmaxers playground set in an alternate timeline where world war two never happened so all the superpowers were intact, it was so much fun but the devs gave up all together and didn't open source it so those who actually liked playing could fix all the bugs.

It descended into chaos like this game did and they sold it to another developer who gave up entirely because he only wanted the other game they had made, I think it's still around but it's total shit and can't remember its name.

Resets are groovy but deleting everything would kind of suck from a historical standpoint, even if it is just a bunch of memes and shitposts, but then again it is just a game and the future is what everyone is looking toward.
do you even archive bro

CCCP

• Knight

• Personal Text
    I like big butts and I can not lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 02:02:46 am »

Sounds fun. I really hope it doesn't happen to this game tbh

Sokyl - please save me from exploding

• Youngling

• Personal Text
    kill ur self
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 02:03:13 am »
do you even archive bro

Didn't think aboot it kek

YEEshua

• Grand Master

• Personal Text
    Not a Trap
    • Sex Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 04:42:20 am »
If only God could open source reality.
http://www.wawgame.eu/world/7
I'm not even trying at browser games anymore.

Kronos

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:37 am »
How will updates/new features/mechanical changes be handled?

Frank Underwood

• Grand Master

• Democratically Elected
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2016, 02:20:54 pm »
Fucking do it
http://www.wawgame.eu/world/1111
Some fucking guy. Praise be unto whatever.

KanyrusReturns

• Youngling

• Personal Text
    The best waw and cello player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 05:07:28 am »
lol I can't believe Heidi returned. Open Source yes plz

heidi

• Administrator
  • Lord Grand Master

• Personal Text
    Glorious Admin
    • Alpha and Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 09:48:36 pm »
How will updates/new features/mechanical changes be handled?

Someone makes a feature request. If I like it I'll put it on a todo list. Then someone will get on it, either by pushing commits directly (myself and TE), or by making a pull request on GitHub.