Economic Policies

From Worlds at War Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Economic Policies in Worlds at War affect your growth, Trade Capital, and GDP. It can also shift your Economic System from Free Market to Control Economy and vice-versa.

Policy Cost Description
Buy Cheap Goods 50 GEU Only available to worlds under 115 GDP.

Effects: Growth+

Encourage Entrepreneurship 75 GEU If you set up schemes to encourage new businesses, then growth might increase. Only available to Free Markets.

Effects: 50% chance of Growth+

Trade Centers 75 GEU Traders might be attracted to your world if you improve and expand upon your trade centers. Available to Free Markets and Mixed Economy worlds.

Effects: Small chance of Growth+ and Trade Capital increasing by 20 GEU, large chance of increasing trade capital by 10, and medium chance of failing. (Needs exact statistical info for balance testing and evaluation)

Production Drive 100 GEU Your economic machine must be improved! A high chance of increasing Growth. Only available to Central Planning worlds.

Effects: High chance of Growth+ (Needs exact statistical info for balance testing and evaluation)

Forced Labor Contentment and stability You can set your dissidents to work, with a high chance of increasing growth, but the rest of the population will not be happy. Only available to autocracies.

Effects: Very high chance of Growth+, low chance of failing, and very low chance of failing, Rebels+ (Needs exact statistical info for balance testing and evaluation)

Loan Sharks -2 GDP Growth In desperate need of cash? There are plenty of... less than reputable people out there willing to lend, but their repayments will be taxing. You gain 100 GEU from this.

Effects: 100 GEU added to Budget.

Nationalize Businesses Trade Capital You can assume direct control of many businesses and run them yourself for the benefit of the people.

Effects: Halves your Trade Capital and then adds it to your budget, head towards control economy.

Privatize Services Contentment and stability Your government-owned services are too bureaucratic and inefficient! Selling them off will encourage competition (and net you a tidy sum) but the populace will be very unhappy.

Effects: 300 GEU added to Budget, head towards free market.

Set up Fuel Refinery 200 + (5 × Fuel Production) GEU Your fleet needs fuel to operate. If you set up a fuel refinery, it will absorb the solar wind and provide you with a clean source of energy.

Effects: +10 Warpfuel production per turn. Time: 8 hours.

Prospect for Duranium 250 + (50 × Successful Prospect) GEU Duranium is a fairly common material for ship hulls. Set up a mining expedition in your system, and if you find a duranium-rich asteroid you can set up an extractor on it.

Effects: +5 Duranium production per turn, 70% base chance of success. (90% for Cleon) Time: 8 hours.

Prospect for Tritanium 600 + (100 × Successful Prospect) GEU Tritanium is a key element in high-performance hulls, but is rarer than duranium. Set up a deeper mining expedition in your system, and if you find a tritanium-rich asteroid you can set up an extractor on it.

Effects: +2 Tritanium production per turn, 55% base chance of success. (75% for Cleon) Time: 16 hours.

Prospect for Adamantium 750 + (250 × Successful Prospect) GEU One of the hardest (and rarest) materials known, only the most fearsome of ships will have adamantium-reinforced hulls. Set up a mining expedition into the deepest reaches of your system, and if you should find an adamantium-rich asteroid you can set up an extractor on it.

Effects: +1 Adamantium production per turn, 40% base chance of success. (60% for Cleon) Time: 24 hours.

 

Game Mechanics

Domestic
Economic
Military